Mastering the creative controls of your camera can help take your images to the next level. Whether it’s controlling depth of field via aperture or using shutter speed to control motion in your images, these can be very powerful creative tools at your disposal. These, and other creative tools, will be explored in this workshop and provide you with practical knowledge on their use.
Topics discussed will include:
- Fundamentals of aperture and creative use of it
- Fundamentals of shutter speed and creative use of it
- Fundamentals of white balance and creative use of it
- Common filters and their creative application
- Use of smartphone apps to assist in creative controls
- DSLR or mirrorless camera with Aperture / Shutter / Manual shooting modes
- Charged battery for camera
- Memory card
- User manual for camera
- Tripod / Shutter release / Filters (optional) / Smartphone (optional)
Utilizing presentations &/or hands-on shooting assignments, I will help you better understand your camera and begin to take creative control of it.
Drawing from my lifetime passion for photography, I want to help you as I have helped others to make the transition from snapshots to photographs.
To register, contact the Allied Arts Council directly at (780) 962-0664